Looking for lower-priced Acura TSX insurance in Memphis? Searching for the cheapest insurance for an Acura TSX in Tennessee can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Acura and get the best price possible either online or from Memphis insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons yearly since rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best premium rates on Acura TSX insurance in Memphis at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about TSX insurance online, but I’m going to show you some of the best ways to find cheap auto insurance in Memphis.
Locating cheaper policy in Memphis is not as confusing as people think. If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates without reducing protection. Smart shoppers just have to know the most effective way to compare rates online.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Acura TSX insurance in Memphis takes advantage of the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. All you need to do is give them some information such as the ages of drivers, if it has an alarm system, your education level, and if you’re married. That information is instantly sent to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates for your Acura TSX now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Memphis.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Tennessee. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Tennessee, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheaper Memphis car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Sign Online – Many car insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application digitally online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Memphis can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Acura could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current TSX insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below shows the comparison of Acura TSX annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state. To see car insurance companies with the best Acura TSX insurance discounts in Tennessee, click here.
Insurance coverage analysis
The information shown below outlines estimates of insurance prices for Acura TSX models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are determined can help you make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TSX Technology Package||$120||$232||$230||$14||$70||$666||$56|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify prices significantly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Acura TSX insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Acura TSX insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Gender-based auto insurance rates by age
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Acura TSX insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Buying insurance from Memphis car insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Good agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Memphis.
Once you complete this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Memphis for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies to choose from. Agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the differences since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not write with just one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Memphis that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Lipscomb and Pitts Insurance LLC
2670 Union Ave – Memphis, TN 38112 – (901) 321-1000 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The James Agency LLC
4778 Summer Ave Ste 1 – Memphis, TN 38122 – (901) 266-5507 – View Map
- Bill Blake Auto Insurance
5724 Mt Moriah Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 432-5551 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis willing to provide price quotes.
- Heath Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2657 Appling Rd #101 – Memphis, TN 38133 – (901) 372-2228 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – April Gainer
4466 Elvis Presley Blvd #247 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 398-7200 – View Map
- Barry Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6060 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 767-2001 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent in Memphis should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Memphis?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for things like nursing services, dental work, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance – This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/15 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, court costs and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Tennessee requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a broken windshield, hitting a bird and fire damage. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your TSX resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your TSX to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Acura TSX.
Since many Tennessee drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/15 in Tennessee), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Acura TSX insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Memphis car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company.
Steps to saving money on Acura TSX insurance in Memphis
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Memphis is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Tennessee.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on TSX insurance in Memphis. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)