The recommended way to get affordable car insurance rates in Memphis is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Tennessee.
First, try to understand car insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for instructions to get lower rates and get additional discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Sebring coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for better prices will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $865 annually compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is why you’re here, understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
Best companies for Chrysler Sebring insurance
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Tennessee. To find the best cheap car insurance in Tennessee, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information displayed below covers a range of prices for Chrysler Sebring models. Being aware of how insurance prices are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$296||$272||$16||$82||$806||$67|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$296||$272||$16||$82||$806||$67|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$158||$296||$272||$16||$82||$824||$69|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$158||$296||$272||$16||$82||$824||$69|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$176||$342||$272||$16||$82||$888||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Information does not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase prices significantly.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Chrysler Sebring premium costs for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rates based on gender in Memphis
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chrysler Sebring car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chrysler Sebring car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Tennessee minimum liability coverage. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no written rule of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Chrysler Sebring settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that help determine your car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Urban areas may pay more – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can save you money when buying car insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large Tennessee cities regularly have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- You might want pay the inexpensive policy claims yourself – Companies in Tennessee provide lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data assumes a single male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Chrysler Sebring rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
Teenage driver insurance costs – Youthful drivers in Tennessee have been known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- You may save more by bundling policies – The majority of companies allow a discount to buyers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Limits of liability insurance – Liability coverage is the protection if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Memphis car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in high school.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler Sebring insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Memphis. For a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Memphis, click here.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower prices and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Memphis that can give you free Memphis car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Before buying a policy in Memphis, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
When researching a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Memphis are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Memphis that can give you price quote information.
Deloris Burrow – State Farm Insurance Agent
3558 Hickory Hill Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 373-8052 – View Map
Bobby Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
4947 William Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-1361 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Angie Hooten-Hughes
6803 Summer Ave – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 373-6060 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Memphis that are able to give comparison quotes.
855 Ridge Lake Blvd #400 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 753-4323 – View Map
6645 Stage Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4580 – View Map
606 S Mendenhall Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 529-2900 – View Map
If you receive satisfactory answers to your questions and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions or even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Chrysler Sebring insurance premium rates in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Memphis car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some auto insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Chrysler Sebring insurance in Memphis is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about auto insurance in Tennessee is located at the links below
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)