Trying to find the cheapest Chevy Classic insurance in Memphis? Do you get frustrated by the wide range of auto insurance sources in Memphis? You have so many options that it is a difficult challenge to find the perfect company for you. Memphis is an excellent city in which to live, but high auto insurance prices makes it very hard to meet other financial obligations.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Memphis could save $500 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
Best companies for Chevy Classic insurance
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Tennessee, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Six Tips to Get Cheaper Memphis Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that aid in calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better insurance rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Liability risk factors – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Some insurance companies will award better rates to insureds that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Where you live – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have congested traffic and more severe claims. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Poor credit rating equals high costs – Having a bad credit rating factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Classic if you improve your credit rating.
- Optional features that cut premiums – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and membership fees are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount available very clearly, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Memphis car insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Memphis car insurance online.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Memphis car insurance quote in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will help lower the cost of your policy.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, air bags, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, continuous insurance, home ownership, student away at school, early quote, and IntelliDrive.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, youthful driver, good student, safe driver, driver training, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new graduate, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, and new move discount.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, early bird, air bags, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
If you want inexpensive Memphis car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To choose car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Memphis, click here to view.
Buying from insurance agents
Some consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Memphis.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Memphis who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Memphis can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Memphis who can help you get price quotes.
- C R Everhart Insurance Agency
5986 Knight Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-0545 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Daysha J Palacio-Miller
1850 Poplar Crest Cove Ste 102 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 762-8585 – View Map
- Boyle Insurance Agency, Inc.
5900 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 766-0200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Memphis that can give you price quotes.
- Dan Crawford – State Farm Insurance Agent
5705 Stage Rd #160 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4400 – View Map
- Ulysses Cosby – State Farm Insurance Agent
248 Cooper St – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 276-1044 – View Map
- Mike Fay – State Farm Insurance Agent
6263 Poplar Ave #535 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 682-8700 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Memphis?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Memphis?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is GAP insurance?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.
You just learned a lot of techniques to lower your Chevy Classic insurance premium rates in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Memphis car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding cheaper Chevy Classic insurance in Memphis
Really, the only way to get more affordable Chevy Classic insurance in Memphis is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Tennessee. You can compare rates by following these steps.
First, try to understand car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)