Do you want to stop overpaying and find more affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Memphis? I really doubt anyone anticipates paying for auto insurance, in particular when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,376, Tennessee drivers could save an average of roughly $480 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy. With consumers having so many options for buying cheap insurance for a Chevy Captiva Sport in Memphis, it is very difficult to pick the cheapest auto insurance provider.
Best companies for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Tennessee. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Memphis, TN, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
These discounts can reduce Chevy Captiva Sport insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Memphis car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching companies early. The savings is around 10%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- American Family discounts include early bird, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and accident-free.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, multiple policy, driver’s education, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include air bags, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, student driver, and 55 and older.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for new car, multi-policy, student away at school, payment discounts, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, good student, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, air bags, and federal employee.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Memphis. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Chevy Captiva Sport insurance quotes in Tennessee, follow this link.
How You Can Control Chevy Captiva Sport Insurance Premiums
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find big savings.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse – Not having insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Lower physical damage deductibles cost more – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Chevy. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Premiums drop with age – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers have a tendency to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher.
- Companies want multiple policies – The majority of insurance companies will award lower prices to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Driving citations cost more than a fine – Having a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. People who have severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Chevy Captiva Sport claim data – Companies analyze historical claim data when determining insurance prices. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Does my Chevy Captiva Sport qualify for pleasure use?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chevy Captiva Sport?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Memphis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are agents in Memphis that are able to give comparison quotes for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Memphis.
Picking an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
One last note
When buying insurance coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to lower your Chevy Captiva Sport insurance car insurance rates in Memphis. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Memphis car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-conscious Chevy Captiva Sport insurance can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, so get free Memphis car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
How to find more affordable Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Memphis
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on car insurance rates in Memphis is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Tennessee. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and your credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Captiva Sport coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Memphis Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)