It takes a little time, but the best way to find lower priced Subaru Tribeca insurance in Memphis is to start comparing rates regularly from providers in Tennessee.
- First, spend some time learning about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies. View rates
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Memphis. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Unimaginable but true, 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Tennessee being $1,400, drivers can cut their rates by 35% a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched.
Companies offering Subaru Tribeca insurance in Memphis
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Tennessee. To get the best auto insurance in TN, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Coverage statistics and figures
The price information shown next outlines different prices for Subaru Tribeca models. Understanding more about how car insurance prices are formulated can help guide drivers when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribeca 3.6R Limited||$242||$500||$376||$22||$112||$1,252||$104|
|Tribeca 3.6R Premium||$242||$500||$376||$22||$112||$1,252||$104|
|Tribeca 3.6R Touring||$270||$500||$376||$22||$112||$1,280||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect insurance rates noticeably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can raise Subaru Tribeca annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Tribeca annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Subaru Tribeca replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Subaru Tribeca insurance in Memphis
Insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Memphis auto insurance quote compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below shows the difference between Subaru Tribeca yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, seat belt use, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, defensive driving training, good driver, multiple autos, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for annual mileage, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, good driver, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include student driver, teen driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, and air bags.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including early signing, anti-lock brakes, utility vehicle, safe driver, auto/life discount, and FullPay discount.
Before buying, ask every company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not be available in your area. To see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Memphis, click this link.
Local agents and car insurance
Certain consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agencies is definitely important in Memphis.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Types of car insurance agents in Memphis
If you want to use a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers are either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it can impact buying decisions.
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Memphis that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- First Reliable Insurance Agency
5495 Winchester Rd Suite 3 – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-6052 – View Map
- Sneed Insurance
6645 Stage Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4580 – View Map
- AutoSave Insurance
2550 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38112 – (901) 458-1630 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are Memphis exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Howard
1440 E Shelby Dr Ste 2 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 767-0030 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Josh Roman
579 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 683-8600 – View Map
- Steve Womack – State Farm Insurance Agent
848 Cooper St – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 725-1919 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Memphis?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
What is the best auto insurance company in Tennessee?
Buying coverage from the highest-rated company can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Tennessee. The company ratings displayed below can help you analyze which coverage providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Do I need special coverages?
When buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Subaru Tribeca.
Since many Tennessee drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, dental work, funeral costs and pain medications. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/15 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $15,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as emergency aid, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Tennessee state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Comprehensive protection – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as fire damage, hitting a deer, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – This will pay to fix damage to your Tribeca resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Tribeca to save money on collision insurance.
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Subaru Tribeca insurance in Memphis. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Memphis auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Memphis can be sourced on the web and with local Memphis insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)