Shocking but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in Memphis could save roughly 35% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on Volkswagen Beetle insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies who sell insurance in Memphis.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how companies set rates and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides the details to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Beetle insurance in Memphis. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Shown below are a few of the things that factor into your rates.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Tennessee generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Improve your credit rating – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have bad credit. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen Beetle by repairing your credit.
- Extra coverages can cost a lot – Policies have optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your Beetle policy. Insurance for rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Gender impacts prices – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The example below compares Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance loss statistics a Volkswagen Beetle – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Volkswagen Beetle Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Beetle 101 93 101 85 95 101 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 85 78 95 76 89 79BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to get free Volkswagen Beetle insurance quotes online
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Tennessee auto insurance companies. The best method to find competitive Volkswagen Beetle insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps locate better pricing.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Memphis, TN. If you wish to find the best car insurance in Tennessee, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The information displayed next covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Volkswagen Beetle models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are established is important for drivers to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$246||$448||$322||$20||$96||$1,132||$94|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$320||$528||$250||$14||$74||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Memphis which can change premiums considerably.
Driving violations and accidents
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions impact Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Memphis, auto insurance is mandatory in Tennessee but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Volkswagen Beetle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Tennessee overpays more than $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t neglect these discounts on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Memphis
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount very well, so below is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Memphis car insurance quote.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow driving data submission to monitor driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Distant Student – Children living away from Memphis attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Beetle car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see insurers that offer multiple discounts in Memphis, click here.
Compare prices but still have a local Memphis insurance agent
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Memphis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Memphis who will give competitive quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to your email. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are searching for a local Memphis insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Memphis that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Lipscomb and Pitts Insurance LLC
2670 Union Ave – Memphis, TN 38112 – (901) 321-1000 – View Map
- BURFORD INSURANCE AGENCY
3325 KIRBY PKWY STE 102 – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 507-6873 – View Map
- Boyle Insurance Agency, Inc.
5900 Poplar Ave – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 766-0200 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – April Gainer
4466 Elvis Presley Blvd #247 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 398-7200 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Josh Roman
579 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 683-8600 – View Map
- Denise Perino – State Farm Insurance Agent
5384 Knight Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-6552 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Memphis?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Memphis?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
How to find a good Tennessee car insurance company
Picking the top car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Tennessee. The company information below could help you decide which companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Smart consumers save more
We’ve covered some good ideas how to compare Volkswagen Beetle insurance rates in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at these links:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)