If you are new to online price comparisons, there’s a good chance you are baffled by the vast assortment of insurers all offering big savings in Memphis.
Steps to finding affordable Saturn Ion insurance in Memphis
The recommended way to get cheaper Saturn Ion insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Memphis.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Memphis. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A key point to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
A recent insurance study discovered that a large majority of drivers in Tennessee renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they just switched companies.
To find cheap quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from companies that offer insurance in Tennessee. The recommended way to compare rates is to jump online and get quotes. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Memphis, TN. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in TN, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Memphis car insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Memphis car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Memphis car insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
Insurance companies who may offer these discounts possibly include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Saturn Ion rate quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Memphis. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in Tennessee, click here to view.
Buy Saturn Ion Insurance Cheaper
Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Accidents mean higher premiums – Getting just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. People who have multiple violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Insure your auto and home with one company – Many insurers will award discounts to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Rates increase with policy add-ons – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
Improve your credit score – Credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores. If your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your Saturn Ion if you improve your credit rating.
How do annual miles impact costs? – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy states the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Ion can result in significantly higher rates.
When should I contact an agent?
Certain consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Memphis, get answers to these questions.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Memphis are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents of this type write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Memphis willing to provide rate quotes.
- Michelle L Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5384 Poplar Ave Ste 439 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 590-1922 – View Map
- Bobby Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
4947 William Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-1361 – View Map
- Barry Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6060 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 767-2001 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always get rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Memphis willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Kellett Insurance Agency
4608 Quince Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 685-3008 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Clarence Mosley Jr
4132 Elvis Presley Blvd – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 346-2550 – View Map
- Farris Evans Insurance Agency Inc
1568 Union Ave – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 274-5424 – View Map
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Best car insurance company in Memphis
Finding the right auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Memphis. The rank data in the lists below could help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Smart consumers save more
Cheaper Saturn Ion insurance in Memphis is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Memphis agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We covered many ways to compare Saturn Ion insurance auto insurance rates in Memphis. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
How to buy discount Saturn Ion insurance in Memphis
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Saturn Ion insurance in Memphis is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Tennessee.
First, get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)