Buying the lowest cost Memphis Pontiac Grand Prix insurance quotes can be rather challenging for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and buying their insurance over the internet. With literally dozens of insurers to choose from, how can you possibly compare the different rates to find the best pricing?
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Memphis
Really, the only way to get the cheapest Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Memphis is to start comparing prices yearly from companies that sell auto insurance in Tennessee.
- Try to understand policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American insurance shoppers could cut their rates by nearly 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to shop around.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Memphis on your last policy there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of information about Grand Prix insurance out there, but I’m going to show you some of the best techniques to find cheap insurance in Memphis.
Low Cost Pontiac insurance rate quotes in Memphis
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Memphis, TN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Pontiac Grand Prix Insurance
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Premiums also based on gender – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes get in fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Responsible drivers pay less – Your driving citation history influences premium rates substantially. Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Responsible credit equals lower costs – Credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Pontiac Grand Prix by repairing your credit. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Add-on coverages that aren’t used – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Pontiac could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, federal employee, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Travelers may have discounts that include new car, good student, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide discounts include multi-policy, accident-free, family plan, business or organization, defensive driving, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for switch companies, pay in full, distant student, multi-car, early shopping, and good student.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, safety device, multi-car, and claim free.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including age of vehicle, good student, accident-free, type of vehicle, ease of repair, and annual mileage.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Memphis auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Memphis. To find insurers who offer discounts in Tennessee, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Memphis insurance agent
Some people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Memphis that can give you free Memphis auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
What type of Memphis car insurance agent is right for you?
If you need to find a local Memphis insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Memphis that can give you price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
420 S Germantown Pkwy #109 – Cordova, TN 38018 – (901) 761-5240 – View Map
- Steve Womack – State Farm Insurance Agent
848 Cooper St – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 725-1919 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 365-2008 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent agencies in Memphis willing to provide price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: The James Agency LLC
4778 Summer Ave Ste 1 – Memphis, TN 38122 – (901) 266-5507 – View Map
- Fred L. Davis Insurance Agency – Car Insurance Agency
1374 Airways Blvd – Memphis, TN 38114 – (901) 323-6159 – View Map
- Smith-Berclair Insurance
855 Ridge Lake Blvd #400 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 753-4323 – View Map
After getting good feedback and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Tennessee auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the right insurer can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Memphis. The ranking data listed below may help you choose which providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Lower-priced Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Memphis can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
We just showed you many ideas to shop for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Memphis auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. Regional companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
How to buy cheaper Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Memphis
The recommended way to find affordable quotes for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is to compare prices annually from providers who provide car insurance in Memphis.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Much more information about insurance in Tennessee can be found on the following sites:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Memphis Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)