How many times have you said it’s time to compare low-cost insurance rates in Memphis, TN? Memphis shoppers have many options when shopping for the best price on Buick Verano insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Buick and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from Memphis insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to quote other rates at least once a year because prices change frequently. If you had the best quotes on Buick Verano insurance in Memphis on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Buick Verano insurance in Memphis.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to buy cheaper car insurance and still have adequate protection. These techniques will introduce you to how to compare rates easily and some tips to save money. You just have to use the most time-saving way to shop using one simple form.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes for Buick Verano insurance in Memphis is to know almost all companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information including if a SR-22 is needed, distance driven, the year, make and model of vehicles, and your credit rating estimate. Your rating data is sent automatically to multiple insurance providers and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest Buick Verano insurance rates, click here and complete the quick form.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Memphis, TN. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Verano
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Verano in Memphis, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Verano, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Informed Consumers Know How to Get Auto Insurance at a Discount
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower auto insurance prices. Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Vehicle features that cut premiums – Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
- More mileage equals more premium – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Verano is just wasting money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet reflects annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Marriage can save on auto insurance – Having a wife or husband actually saves money compared to being single. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Extra policy coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverages for personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Avoid tickets and save – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Drivers who get dangerous tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – Liability insurance provides coverage when you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Buick Verano claim data – Insurers use claims history to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Buick Verano Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Buick Verano insurance rates in Memphis
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Verano insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Buick can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Verano insurance in Memphis.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Memphis auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Distant Student – Older children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 25 to 30%.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, good student, and defensive driver.
- American Family includes discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may have discounts that include new car, good student, driver training, multi-car, continuous insurance, and home ownership.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, good student, business and professional, mature driver, and switch companies.
- USAA has discounts for family discount, multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, defensive driver, driver training, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new move discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, and safety features.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere. To view auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Memphis, click this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Tennessee?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is my Buick Verano covered if I use it for business?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Memphis auto insurance agent
Many drivers would rather talk to a local agent and that is OK! Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Memphis who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to your email. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
If you want a local Memphis insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Memphis are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Memphis that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kevin Howard
1440 E Shelby Dr Ste 2 – Memphis, TN 38116 – (901) 767-0030 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ezekeil Hudson
53 Monroe Ave – Memphis, TN 38103 – (901) 235-9315 – View Map
- Steve Womack – State Farm Insurance Agent
848 Cooper St – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 725-1919 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include a few independent agents to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent agents in Memphis who can help you get price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Daysha J Palacio-Miller
1850 Poplar Crest Cove Ste 102 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 762-8585 – View Map
- First Reliable Insurance Agency
5495 Winchester Rd Suite 3 – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-6052 – View Map
- Smith-Berclair Insurance
855 Ridge Lake Blvd #400 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 753-4323 – View Map
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Cheap Buick Verano insurance in Memphis can be sourced both online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Memphis auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Buick Verano insurance in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Buick Verano insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. Some small companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Buick Verano insurance in Memphis
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Memphis.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)