It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop for lower rates will probably switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $850 each year compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best price on Acura MDX insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The best way we recommend to get affordable car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Memphis.
- Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for ideas to help keep rates affordable and find additional discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including level of coverage desired, if you lease or own, driver details, and whether you are single or married. That information is automatically sent to all major companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To find lower cheaper Acura MDX insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Protect your Acura vehicle and other assets
Even though Memphis MDX insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your Acura MDX and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Acura gets damaged, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Detailed insurance information
The rate table shown below showcases detailed analysis of coverage prices for Acura MDX models. Having a better idea how insurance quotes are calculated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$228||$358||$288||$18||$86||$978||$82|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$228||$358||$288||$18||$86||$978||$82|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$228||$358||$288||$18||$86||$978||$82|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$228||$358||$288||$18||$86||$978||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect coverage rates considerably.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Acura MDX insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The information below shows how violations and at-fault accidents influence Acura MDX insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below illustrates the difference between Acura MDX insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact formula of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Acura MDX settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Acura MDX insurance discounts in Memphis
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to study their driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will bring down the premium cost.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Acura MDX car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
To view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Tennessee, follow this link.
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Memphis car insurance company ratings
Choosing the highest-rated insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Memphis. The company ratings shown below can help you decide which auto insurers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- Erie Insurance
- The General