The preferred way to get cheaper Buick Rainier insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Memphis.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of Tennessee drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. The average driver in the United States could pocket about $859 a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons will enable you to find the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Memphis, TN. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Memphis, TN, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Rainier in Memphis, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Buick Rainier but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Memphis insurance discounts for a Buick Rainier
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Memphis car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Memphis and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for driver training, youthful driver, renewal discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- AAA discounts include good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, defensive driver, early bird, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, multiple policy, good student, passive restraint, and accident-free.
When getting free Memphis car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Tennessee, follow this link.
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to insurance agents in Memphis who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Memphis should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which family members are covered?
- What companies can they write with?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Memphis?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Does their agency support local causes in Memphis?
When searching for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Memphis exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Deloris Burrow – State Farm Insurance Agent
3558 Hickory Hill Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 373-8052 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Willie E. Martin
3315 Kirby Pkwy – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 365-2008 – View Map
- Bobby Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
4947 William Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-1361 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent agents in Memphis who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Collier Insurance
606 S Mendenhall Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 529-2900 – View Map
- Clay and Land Insurance, Inc.
866 Ridgeway Loop Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 767-3600 – View Map
- Smith-Berclair Insurance
855 Ridge Lake Blvd #400 – Memphis, TN 38120 – (901) 753-4323 – View Map
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Tennessee?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Tennessee?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Tennessee?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Memphis?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Persistence pays off
When searching for affordable Buick Rainier insurance quotes, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Buick Rainier insurance in Memphis can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Memphis, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Buick Rainier insurance premium rates in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional information can be found below:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much is Memphis Car Insurance for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)