Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in Tennessee could save as much as 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates and save money.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find better pricing on Pontiac G8 insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Memphis. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that increase rates like speeding and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper G8 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. Once received, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you have auto insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Memphis is really not that difficult. But Tennessee vehicle owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates and use it to find better rates.
Smart Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Tennessee motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Deter vehicle theft – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent car theft.
Your address can modify costs – Living in a small town can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. City drivers have congested traffic and more severe claims. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Good drivers have lower rates – Getting just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have severe tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Male rates may be higher – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Females and males cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
When comparing insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Tennessee. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Memphis, TN, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac G8 insurance, auto insurance is required in Tennessee but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Pontiac G8 insurance rates in Memphis
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Good Student – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, bundle, defensive driver, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for accident-free, good student, type of vehicle, good driver, multi-policy, ease of repair, and location of vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, military active duty, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in Memphis. To see a list of providers who offer free Pontiac G8 insurance quotes in Tennessee, follow this link.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Memphis car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting small agencies is still important in Memphis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Memphis who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Insurance agent types
When looking for a local Memphis insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agencies in Memphis can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Memphis that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Tri-State Insurance Agency Inc
5545 Murray Ave Ste 107 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 767-3379 – View Map
These agents work for only one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Below are exclusive agents in Memphis that can give you comparison quotes.
Dan Crawford – State Farm Insurance Agent
5705 Stage Rd #160 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4400 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Memphis, get answers to these questions.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How long has their agency been in business in Memphis?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Tennessee?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Memphis?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Once you have good answers to your questions as well as inexpensive Pontiac G8 insurance in Memphis quotes, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will properly service your insurance policy. Just be aware that you are entitled to terminate your policy when you choose so never assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy for any length of time.
Best car insurance in Memphis
Buying coverage from the top insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Tennessee. The rank data listed below can help you analyze which auto insurers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Cover all your bases
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in Memphis can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
We just presented a lot of tips how to save on Pontiac G8 insurance in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Memphis auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)