It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop for lower prices will probably switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that people who routinely shopped around saved an average of $72 a month compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is your ultimate target, then understanding how to shop for insurance rates can help simplify the process.
The preferred way to find cheaper Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Memphis is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Tennessee. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of car insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more information to keep prices down and find hidden discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons for Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Memphis is to realize almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like your general credit rating, distance driven, if you’re married, and if you have an active license. That rating information is instantly submitted to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To find lower lower-cost Chrysler Town and Country insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Memphis.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Memphis, TN. To locate the best car insurance in Memphis, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Chrysler Town and Country
Even though Memphis Town and Country insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chrysler Town and Country, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance coverage details
The table displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Chrysler Town and Country models. Being aware of how insurance policy premiums are determined can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$192||$302||$278||$16||$84||$872||$73|
|Town and Country Touring||$216||$368||$278||$16||$84||$962||$80|
|Town and Country Signature||$216||$368||$278||$16||$84||$962||$80|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$216||$368||$278||$16||$84||$962||$80|
|Town and Country Limited||$242||$434||$278||$16||$84||$1,054||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase coverage rates greatly.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Chrysler Town and Country yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chrysler Town and Country annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula for excluding physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chrysler Town and Country replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Memphis
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy early. It could save around 10% when you buy Memphis auto insurance online.
- E-sign – A handful of companies will give a small break simply for signing online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below compares Chrysler Town and Country insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for business and professional, pay in full, multi-car, good student, and mature driver.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, paid in full, multi-policy, group or association, mature driver, and safe driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-vehicle, youthful driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and good student.
- USAA offers premium reductions for family discount, defensive driver, loyalty savings, military installation, vehicle storage, new vehicle, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Memphis auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Memphis. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount rates in Tennessee, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Memphis insurance agencies?
Many people still like to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Memphis.
By using this quick form, your information is sent to participating agents in Memphis that can provide free Memphis auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find local Memphis agents, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can sell car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Memphis who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Keltner Insurance Inc.
3232 S Perkins Rd – Memphis, TN 38118 – (901) 797-8665 – View Map
- Oseman Insurance Agency
6750 Poplar Ave #410 – Memphis, TN 38138 – (901) 562-0151 – View Map
- Sneed Insurance
6645 Stage Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4580 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Memphis willing to provide rate quotes.
- Deloris Burrow – State Farm Insurance Agent
3558 Hickory Hill Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 373-8052 – View Map
- Kathy Thurmond-Edwards- State Farm Insurance Agent
680 W Brookhaven Cir – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-7744 – View Map
- Ruby Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
3624 Austin Peay Hwy #5 – Memphis, TN 38128 – (901) 388-0000 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Memphis should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
After you get answers to your satisfaction to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We covered many ideas to lower your Chrysler Town and Country insurance car insurance rates in Memphis. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Memphis auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chrysler Town and Country insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When getting Memphis auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Car Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)