It’s astonishing, but about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. drivers could cut their rates by as much as $859 a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Memphis is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Tennessee.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for ideas to get cheaper coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Memphis. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Choosing the best rates in Memphis is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. Nevertheless, Tennessee vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
Low cost Memphis Audi RS7 insurance
When shopping for affordable Memphis car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many different Tennessee insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find cheaper Audi RS7 rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to physically go to all the different Memphis insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the advice and guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to price shop your coverage online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
Just remember that comparing more prices increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Memphis, TN. To buy cheap auto insurance in Memphis, TN, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Audi vehicle
Despite the high cost, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Tennessee these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi RS7, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Audi but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your RS7 definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Earn discounts on Memphis auto insurance
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Memphis can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include good driver, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, multi-car, mature driver, early shopping, and youthful driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-vehicle, air bags, and membership and employees.
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-theft, defensive driver, online quote, paid-in-full, and emergency road assistance.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To view providers that offer many of these discounts in Tennessee, follow this link.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Memphis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are agents in Memphis who can help you get rate quotes for Audi RS7 insurance in Memphis.
Steve Womack – State Farm Insurance Agent
848 Cooper St – Memphis, TN 38104 – (901) 725-1919 – View Map
Bobby Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
4947 William Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38117 – (901) 767-1361 – View Map
Peterson Insurance Services, Inc.
8046 N Brother Blvd #101 – Memphis, TN 38133 – (901) 386-4777 – View Map
Heath Johnson – State Farm Insurance Agent
2657 Appling Rd #101 – Memphis, TN 38133 – (901) 372-2228 – View Map
Selecting a provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Tennessee?
One last note
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on Audi RS7 insurance in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Memphis car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)