Truthfully, the best way to get discount Jeep Wrangler insurance in Memphis is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Tennessee.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use identical coverage information on each quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average insurance premium being $1,380, Memphis drivers could save themselves $500 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Companies offering affordable Jeep Wrangler rates in Memphis, TN
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in TN, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage table below outlines estimates of coverage prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Learning how auto insurance prices are established can benefit drivers when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$116||$172||$376||$22||$112||$798||$67|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$116||$172||$470||$28||$140||$926||$77|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$116||$220||$376||$22||$112||$846||$71|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$132||$172||$470||$28||$140||$942||$79|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$132||$220||$376||$22||$112||$862||$72|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$132||$172||$470||$28||$140||$942||$79|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$132||$172||$470||$28||$140||$942||$79|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$132||$220||$376||$22||$112||$862||$72|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$132||$220||$470||$28||$140||$990||$83|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$150||$220||$470||$28||$140||$1,008||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact coverage rates substantially.
Safe drivers Memphis pay cheaper rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders impact Jeep Wrangler insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Memphis
The illustration below shows the comparison of Jeep Wrangler car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost of full coverage in Memphis
The chart below shows the difference between Jeep Wrangler insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Tennessee minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Wrangler book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Cheaper Jeep Wrangler insurance quotes in Memphis
Some insurers don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Memphis auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on the internet.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Jeep Wrangler premium costs with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some companies who might offer some of the above discounts are:
When getting free Memphis auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To find companies with the best Jeep Wrangler insurance discounts in Tennessee, click here to view.
Buying from insurance agents
Some people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability – This provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/15 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Tennessee requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Jeep Wrangler.
Since many Tennessee drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive insurance – This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, vandalism, hail damage, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills such as funeral costs, pain medications and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Wrangler to save money on collision insurance.
Memphis car insurance companies ranked
Finding the top insurance company is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Memphis. The ranking information in the next section may help you decide which providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You can lower your car insurance rates
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce Jeep Wrangler insurance prices online in Memphis. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Memphis auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Memphis Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Memphis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Memphis Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)