Do you want to learn to get more competitive Acura ILX insurance in Memphis? Did a good deal turn out to be an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, there are a lot of people in Memphis just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Shockingly, almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Memphis can cut their rates by 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Drivers have many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal for Acura ILX insurance in Memphis.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more provides better odds of finding the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give rate quotes online, so you should also compare price quotes from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Tennessee. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
You may qualify for discounts for Acura ILX insurance in Memphis
Companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Memphis and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Sign Online – Some larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to spy on vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, anti-theft, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, renewal discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
If you want affordable Memphis auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Memphis. To see a list of companies that offer discounts in Memphis, click here to view.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Memphis Insurance Rates
Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that are used to determine your premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Know your vehicle’s IIHS safety rating – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Extra coverages that aren’t used – There are many add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Your credit score is important – Having a good credit rating factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Acura ILX by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Lower premiums with uninterrupted coverage – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some car insurance companies provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Car insurance rates and your occupation – Occupational choices like doctors, executives, and miners usually pay higher average rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, careers such as farmers, students and the unemployed get better rates.
Insurance loss data for Acura ILX vehicles – Insurance companies use past insurance losses to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Acura ILX vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Acura ILX Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura ILX 96 94 83 112 111 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to companies in Memphis who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Memphis, get answers to these questions.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Tennessee?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Memphis can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Memphis who may provide you with rate quotes.
Sylvia Walker – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Kirby Pkwy Ste 2 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 794-8848 – View Map
Kacky Kortenber – State Farm Insurance Agent
7900 Winchester Rd Ste 101 – Memphis, TN 38125 – (901) 757-0303 – View Map
Michelle L Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5384 Poplar Ave Ste 439 – Memphis, TN 38119 – (901) 590-1922 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Below are Memphis independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
6645 Stage Rd #200 – Memphis, TN 38134 – (901) 372-4580 – View Map
Fred L. Davis Insurance Agency – Car Insurance Agency
1374 Airways Blvd – Memphis, TN 38114 – (901) 323-6159 – View Map
C R Everhart Insurance Agency
5986 Knight Arnold Rd – Memphis, TN 38115 – (901) 362-0545 – View Map
Cheaper Acura ILX insurance in Memphis is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on Acura ILX insurance in Memphis. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Memphis auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with the least-expected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
How to find better rates for Acura ILX insurance in Memphis
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget Acura ILX insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Memphis. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Read about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Much more information about insurance in Tennessee is located on the following sites:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Veterans in Memphis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Memphis Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)