Really, the only way to save on Acura RDX insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who provide auto insurance in Memphis.
- First, try to learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for instructions to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
An important part of this process is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s astonishing, but a large majority of drivers in Tennessee kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. American consumers could save themselves up to $860 a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
The method we recommend to compare rates for Acura RDX insurance in Memphis is to understand auto insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including whether you are married, if the vehicle is leased, daily mileage, and how your vehicles are used. That rating information is automatically sent to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Memphis.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Memphis, TN. In order to find the best car insurance in Tennessee, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so the below list has a few of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Memphis auto insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Paperless Signup – Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new RDX can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Acura RDX annual premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Tennessee state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting free Memphis auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state. To see a list of auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Memphis, click here to view.
Insurance coverage analysis
The price information displayed below highlights detailed analysis of policy rates for Acura RDX models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are calculated can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$216||$438||$230||$14||$70||$968||$81|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$216||$438||$230||$14||$70||$968||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Tennessee minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Memphis which can revise premiums substantially.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Acura RDX auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Tennessee. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule of when to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura RDX book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Lower the Price of Car Insurance with These Tips
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Battle of the sexes – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders have fender benders in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The information below shows the comparison of Acura RDX car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Why do you need liability protection? – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Married drivers pay less – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount when buying car insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Never allow your coverage to lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Tennessee department of motor vehicles.
- Consider raising comp and collision deductibles – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Acura. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance losses for an Acura RDX – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting premium costs. Vehicles that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura RDX vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Acura RDX Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RDX 4dr 2WD 64 75 57 67 67 71 Acura RDX 4dr 4WD 68 79 79 68 66 60BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Memphis who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Before buying a policy in Memphis, get answers to these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Memphis?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Do the work, save more money
More affordable insurance in Memphis can be purchased from both online companies and with local Memphis insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When searching for cheaper Memphis auto insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Memphis Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)