Wish you could get a refund on high-priced Acura NSX insurance in Memphis? Don’t sweat it because you’re not the only one.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who perform rate comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $865 annually compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on Acura NSX insurance in Memphis is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of the best way to compare auto insurance can save time and money.
There are many insurers to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to find the lowest rates for Acura NSX insurance in Memphis.
Get discounts on Memphis car insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Memphis car insurance online.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive get Memphis car insurance digitally online.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current NSX insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Memphis car insurance online.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better car insurance rates.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount should help lower the cost of your policy.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Travelers includes discounts for new car, IntelliDrive, home ownership, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century discounts include defensive driver, early bird, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, good student, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, seat belt use, defensive driver, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
If you need low cost Memphis car insurance quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Memphis.
The easiest way to compare rates for Acura NSX insurance in Memphis utilizes the fact auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data such as driver details, how much you drive, if the car is leased, and the year, make and model of vehicles. That information is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Memphis, TN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Will my Acura NSX be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance agents near you
Many drivers would rather have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Memphis.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Memphis who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Tennessee?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How long has their agency been open in Memphis?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Tennessee auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the top car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Tennessee. The rank data listed below can help you choose which car insurance companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Memphis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
When you buy Memphis car insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
More affordable insurance in Memphis is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
How to find lower priced Acura NSX insurance in Memphis
The easiest way to find affordable quotes for Acura NSX insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Memphis. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Memphis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Memphis Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)